From Sensor to Cloud – Your Cloud or SignalFire Cloud – You Choose!
- LTE CAT M1 connectivity optimized for low data usage
- MQTT/SparkPlugB built in for any MQTT-ready host
- Integrated inputs/output for multi-sensors
- Class 1 Division 2 Certified, Groups A, B,C, D. Temperature Code T5. Certified to CSA C22.2 No. 213:2017, Conforms to UL 121201:2017
- Data location from built-in GPS
- SignalFire cloud monitoring/alarming service
- Powers sensors from battery or external solar
- Now certified by Verizon!
WHERE TO BUY? REQUEST A QUOTE
The SignalFire Ranger is an IoT (internet of things) cellular transmitter utilizing LTE-M technology to bring sensor data directly to the cloud. Data is transmitted over cellular networks using the MQTT/Sparkplug protocol directly to the SignalFire Cloud for a complete monitoring and alarming service or can easily be integrated into a customer’s existing system.
The built-in Ranger I/O consists of two (2) digital inputs, one (1) analog input and one (1) relay output. The digital inputs can detect on/off status or frequencies up to 2kHz for pulse counting and totalizing applications. The analog input supports a 1-5Vdc or 4-20mA device and provides power to the sensor from the built-in battery pack. The relay output is a latching single pole single to provide on/off control to a local device.
In addition to the built-in I/O the Ranger supports an optional expansion modules to support additional sensor types including Modbus, HART, SDI-12, and additional analog and digital inputs.
The Ranger comes complete with the mobile device ready SignalFire cloud interface to monitor, trend and receive alarms either by text or email message. In addition, the cloud platform provides for remote configuration and troubleshooting of the Ranger node and its attached sensor(s) and the relay output may be controlled from the cloud interface to remotely control pumps, motors, and valves.
Operating Temp: -40 to +185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
Humidity: 0% – 100% condensing
- Battery Pack: Four D-cell Lithium Thionyl Chloride, 76AHr
- Optional solar power
- Optional 10-30Vdc input
- 1 Latching Relay Output (2A @ 30Vdc; 0.3A @ 110Vac; 0.5A @ 125Vac). Failsafe configurable
- 2 Digital Inputs report state, total counts, frequency (2kHz max), volume total with K Factor
- Analog Input (1-5Vdc or 4-20mA). Configurable for flow totalizing mode
- Provides a configurable 13V or 18V to attached sensor(s). Maximum current of 60mA.
Expansion Module Options:
(one module possible per RANGER)
- Adds 2 additional analog inputs and 1 additional digital input
- Modbus RTU – RS485 up to 8 slaves, 32 total registers (read/write)
- Supports 1-15 HART sensors in multi-drop mode
- Reports 4 process variables, field device status, unique identifier and device tag for each HART device
- Scan and configure HART IDs with the Ranger, separate HART modem not required
- Monitors and powers one to eight SDI-12 sensors at 13V, 60mA max
- Reads/reports up to 16 measurements
- Supports reading the default measurement and all additional measurements from connected SDI-12 devices
Battery Life: Up to 8 years
Data Interface: LTE CAT M1 MQTT with SparkPlug B
Cellular Radio Power: 23dBm
Antenna Type: LTE w/ Internal GPS
Enclosure: Industrial polycarbonate UV Rated; IP64
Safety Rating: Class 1 Division 2 Certified, Groups A, B,C, D. Temperature Code T5. Certified to CSA C22.2 No. 213:2017, Conforms to UL 121201:2017
Electrical Connection: Pluggable terminal block, 16-30AWG screw terminals
Local Micro-USB Configuration Port
Weight: 1 lbs (0.6kg)
Estimated Monthly Data Usage:
Check-in interval dependent
- 1 min = 27 MB
- 5 min = 5.4 MB
- 15 min = 1.08 MB
- 60 min = 0.27 MB
- LTE band support:
Cat-M1: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B14, B17, B20, B25, B26, B28, B66
- Supports 4FF SIM type
- Power saving features: eDRX
- Secure socket using TLS
- PTCRB Certified
MQTT/SparkPlugB Tag Guides: